Phoenix is an integrated control system for industrial burners that allows to reach great performances on energy saving, functional safety, atmosphere pollutants emission and reliability.
Phoenix is composed by :
- Low emissions burner;
- Integrated combustion control system (ICCS), equipped with one safety PLC and one process PLC;
We developed Phoenix basing on a strong experience in combustion systems for paper industry. It is a product able to adapt to all production needs, and characterized by great reliability, simplicity of operation and self-diagnosis.
Phoenix is one of the solutions that we can provide to promote energy saving for industry fields in which too much steps have to be done. Talking about Pulp and Paper industry, most part of paper mills runs with old generation burners, with a lot of problems about safety, efficiency and reliability, this drives to high risks about workers and production losses.
Our combustion management system is equipped with a safety BMS (Burner Management System), safety PLC and standard PLC, in order to be able to manage:
- Ignition phases according to EN 746;
- Air-ratio at each power level;
- Combustion air control loop;
- Process air temperature control loop;
- Low fire conditions;
- Preheating before ignition;
- CO and O2 emissions;
- Washing times up to SIL2
Burner managment system (BMS)
Phoenix is provided with a BMS in order to guarantee the execution of ignition and test phases according to EN 746 norm (“Industrial thermoprocessing equipment”). This unit allows also to manage air-fuel ratio, through can bus communication with fuel and combustion air valves/dampers actuators.
Gas valve and combustion air damper actuators
Phoenix is provided with actuators capable to guarantee SIL 2 level of functional safety. Flame detection device signal is directly acquired by Siemens LMV. Controllo presenza fiamma mediante fotocellula direttamente collegata alla centralina di sicurezza
BMS programmation interface
- User-friendly interface;
- Multi-level password (basic user, service and O&M);
- Modbus comunication with burner PLC;
Safety and control PLC dedicated to monitoring of :
- Emergency buttons;
- Yankee running feedback;
- Safety signals coming from other external safety systems;
- Extraction and process air flow presence;
- Purging time during start phase;
Standard PLC for integrated combustion management
Standard PLC for control and management of burner. Instant diagnostic and graphic trend of main process parameters.
- Combustion air loop, with direct control of operating set-point of the fan;
- Thermoregulation loop. PLC acquires temperature signal from three transmitters on field, and modulate gas valve opening after a comparrison between measures and desired operation set-point;
- Low-fire management;
- Pre-heating during ignition phase;
PLC communicates by profinet or profibus with customer supervision system.
Remote connection device
Another step to optimize combustion is the implementation of remote control. Through an encripted connection is possible to manage each process parameter. This solution strongly reduce service costs, the system infact can be setted in order to send e-mail diagnosis and reports regarding operational status of the burner, in order to speed-up intervention timings.
HMI with user-friendly interface for visualization of each combustion stage:
System is engineered with an optimized graphic interface, through a 12” HMI in which the operator can see for example trend of combustion process variables, ignition phases, polluttants level, log of occurred errors and so on. Basically the HMI is completely customizable according to customer requests, thanks to the high number of acquired signals from the process.